Anyone who has been reading awhile knows I made this frilly scarf for Sewing Lori in the “I Love Buttons” swap on craftster.org
. I wrote down the pattern as I made another one in the Ongoing Wish List Swap. I’ve finally gotten around to actually typing it up. YEAH!!
Granny Square Frilly Scarf – or the Lori scarf.
* Any yarn you like
* A hook in the size recommended for your yarn
* Needle to weave in ends
Make 6 basic granny squares – you can use any granny square pattern you like – I prefer this one because it works up really quickly.
Granny Square pattern:
* Ch 4, sl to join round
* RD1 –ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), 2 dc, chain 3 *3dc, ch 3* repeat * to* until you have 12 dc worked in the loop, sl into 3rd chain of 1st dc
* RD2 – sl to next ch sp (should be a corner), in ch sp - ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), 2 dc, ch 3, 3dc ch3, *in next ch sp - 3 dc, ch 3* repeat * to *until you come to a corner. in the corner, 3dc, ch3, 3dc ch3 (repeat each set of instructions until you come back to the beginning stitch) sl to join round.
* RD3 – sl to next ch sp, ch 3 (counts as 1st dc) in ch sp 2dc, ch3, 3dc, ch 3, *in next ch sp 3dc, ch3*. Repeat * to * for each ch sp until you come to a corner. For corner ch sp – 3dc, ch3, 3dc, ch3) repeat this pattern until you go all the way around. sl to join round
* FO leaving a long tail
When all 6 squares are completed begin to join squares by using the tails
* sl to the corner using your tail yarn. Sl into corner of a square, making sure that the tail yarn for you’re the following square is as close as possible to the opposite side you’re working on.
* Continue joining all 6 squares in the same manner.
You will be working the finishing like one long row all the way around.
Pick up your working yarn again.
* Starting at one corner end, join yarn in the 1st dc next to the ch sp. sl in 1st dc
* PART 1 - 6tr in each ch sp, sc in each dc until you reach a join between squares.
* PART 2 - Make 3dc around the join (like you would in a loop) – this should be treated like an extra ch space. Since the corners of the joins use the ch space in the corners you will need to sc until you get to the next ch space (see image below to get an idea of what it should look liek when you go around the second half of the scarf)
* Repeat Part 1 then Part 2 for each square and each join all the way around.
* Weave in ends
* Embellish as you please!
Please post pictures in the comments if you use the pattern!